Friday, November 9, 2012

Feature: The Kenji Set

 Several months ago, someone very dear to me was diagnosed with cancer. Unfortunately, several rounds of chemo doesn't kill this form of cancer because he was diagnosed with a very rare, Neuroendocrine Cancer in his Pancreas. (It's basically a really rare cancer called a Neuroendocrine tumor located in the islet cells of the Pancreas which unfortunately spreads to the liver and lymph nodes eventually.) Because this type of cancer is so rare (affecting 1 in 100,000 in the US),  "[M]any physicians lack experience with or education about neuroendocrine tumors as a result of inadequate attention to the subject both at medical schools and in training programs. As a consequence, the diagnosis is often not considered until the disease is advanced." (-Journal of the National Cancer Institute, 2008) 

Beacause of this, I've made it my mission to figure out a way to help and thus this Kenji Set was born. This set will come with 3 bracelets. The sets will consist of (1) the INY original Tamashii 2.0 in silver with 2 shades of purple crocheted around each chain, (1) silver toned mini Himitsu in jewl toned purple and (1) purple flower beaded bracelet! That's 3 bracelets! All bracelets are in a purple tone because that's the awareness color for Pancreatic Cancer. Each bracelet will also feature a silver toned awareness ribbon charm!
 




Each set will be sold for $45 (plus shipping). To avoid Etsy fees (for larger donations), I will be selling this set via Paypal only. Proceeds will be donated to the Caring for Carcinoid Foundation where their donations go directly to the research of Carcinoid and Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Cancer cures! To order, please email me at isshounoyakusoku@gmail.com and I can set up your order immediately!  


Thank you all for being so supportive! <3 
What are some causes you support?

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing thing you are doing, Marcy! I just placed my order for a Kenji set... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindi! I will keep you updated on shipping! I really appreciate it! <3

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for raising awareness! :) Such beautiful bracelets and hopefully one day they will find a cure. :) I'll e-mail you my order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sweetie! I'm just about to email you back! <3 I really hope they find a cure too, I wish there already was one :(

      Delete